Birth is beautiful, inspiring, hard work, and life changing. The support I provide is to encourage women to trust in their bodies and the birth process. As a doula service provider, I help women stay strong and clam during birth. I will offer comfort measures, coping techniques, and constant presence with an objective and unbiased viewpoint to help you create a satisfying birth experience. My goal as your doula is to be completely present for your birth experience-physically, emotionally, and energetically. I will ensure that your choices and experiences are honored.
Prenatal support, Birth, & Postpartum packages start at $800 and can be adjusted to your individual needs. Scholarships may be available for those who qualify.
Overnight, postpartum rates are $45 per hour.
As your doula, I will provide:
During your labor & birth:
- A no obligation, introductory meeting to determine if were a good match.
- Emotional support throughout pregnancy, labor, and early postpartum.
- Prenatal home/office visits (usually 2-4) to talk about how your pregnancy is going, comfort measures, your thoughts about birth, questions and fears you or your partner( if applicable) are having, as well as creating a birth path that will help see how we can work best together.
- Unlimited email and phone advice and support throughout your pregnancy and immediate postpartum.
- On-call two weeks before and after your estimated Delivery Date
- Breastfeeding information and support. I am not a breastfeeding consultant, but will refer you to one if you like.
After your birth:
- Early labor support in your home if desired
- Help managing labor pain with comfort measures and techniques such as: massage, breathing, visualization, music, and aromatherapy.
- Constant physical and emotional support for you and your partner ( if applicable)
- Working with your partner (if applicable) as a team to establish and maintain a peaceful and positive environment. While also providing relief for your partner
- Ensuring that everyone is comfortable
- Safeguarding the birth space if needed
Overnight Support & Care:
- Immediate postpartum care getting comfortable after the birth for approximately 1-2 hours, or as needed
- Lactation support or referral to a lactation consultant)
- Assistance with afterbirth healing, physically, emotionally and mentally
- Visit at home (usually 1-2) support with newborn, self, and family care
- One home cooked meal for you and your family
- This may begin as early as the first night home after baby is born, or once settled into a routine at home.
- Care for baby throughout night (feeding, diaper changing, etc) so that you and your partner (if applicable) can continue to get a good night sleep.
- Spend time with baby before bed time, so you can spend individual time with other children or partner.